Tomtom en linux.

Collapse
X

• Filtrar
  • Hora
  • Mostrar
Borrar Todo

• Tomtom en linux.

Buenas, lo primero presentarme y decir que soy nuevo en el foro y con ganas de aprender.

El caso es que me gustaria saber si puedo instalar tomtom home en un ordenador linux, lo e intentado me he vuelto loco, al final lo unico que he podido hacer es virtualizar un entorno Windows.

No estaba muy seguro se esta es la seccion para esta clase de preguntas, movedla se creeis oportuno.

Gracias de antemano

Tomtom Home es una aplicación para windows, así que has hecho bien vistualizando win.

Y lo curiosos es que tomtom en sus navegadores dedicados usa entorno Linux, lo que son las cosas

Comentar

La verdad es que es ironico el asunto.

Muchas gracias por contestar, y aprovecho para felicitarte kachoperro por tu web, la llevo utilizando desde hace varios meses.

Comentar

TomTom Home and Ubuntu 9.04
        I bought a TomTom Go 630 with a traffic camera database. It did not work very well, and when I complained I received an excuse and a suggestion to update the camera database regularly using TomTom home.

As far as I know there is no TomTom Home for Linux, and I did not succeed in getting the Windows version to work with Wine. So, to update the database I installed SUN VirtualBox and a virtual Windows XP system with TomTom Home. It works perfectly. Here is what i did.

First, install Sun VirtualBox (the proprietary version, not the open source version)

wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtu...n/sun_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -

gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

Add "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian intrepid non-free" (change to Jaunty when available)

sudo aptitude update

sudo aptitude install virtualbox-2.2 (answer a few questions by hitting the return key)

Add yourself to the group vboxusers: System > Administration > Users and Groups.

Second, create a virtual Windows machine

Go to Applications > System Tools > Sun VirtualBox (if it isn't there just log out and in again).

Hit New, type WinXP, specify Operating System to Microsoft Windows and Version to Windows XP, hit Next.

Specify a base memory size. I use 512M. Hit Next.

Choose Boot Hard Disk and create new hard disk and hit Next twice.

Select the dynamically expanding storage and hit Next.

Type a Location, e.g. WinXP, and select a size. I use 10GB. Hit Next.

Hit Finish twice and go to Settings and CD/DVD-ROM. Select Mount and your CD/DVD drive with a Windows XP installation CD.

Then go to Audio. Enable Audio and select ALSA Audio Driver.

Then hit OK and go to Start. The installation of Windows XP starts.

I found that installing the Guest Additions was a good idea, see devices on the top frame of the Windows machine window.

Third, install TomTom Home and connect your GPS

Download TomTom Home from the TomTom homepage and install the program.

Connect your TomTom to an empty USB port, turn the GPS on and select the computer.

Check the USB symbol for TomTom Home on the bottom frame of the Windows machine window.

Windows now recognizes your GPS and starts TomTom Home automatically.

If you cannot get the USB port working, try this:

1) open fstab: sudo gedit /etc/fstab
        2) add: none /proc/bus/usb usbfs devgid=85,devmode=666 0 0
        3) run: mount -a

This completes the installation. You should now be able to run TomTom Home with Ubuntu 9.04.

Fuente
        Código:
        http://significant.ranstam.se/2009/04/tomtom-home-and-ubuntu-904.html
        Salu2

Comentar

Working...
        X